Friday, March 26, 2010

What became of them....

Those cuts of fabric became 1600 little squares






sewn together into 100 of these







And *FINALLY*


this






Whew!
The only thing left is to snip all those little threads (and run the carpet sweeper over the rug again).


There are a fair amount of *mistakes*, which you can't see from where you are sitting ;) Overall, I'm happy with the results. I'll be putting away my sewing machine and packing these two tops away until next winter, when I can sit on the couch and do the hand quilting, maybe by solar- or candle- light.






3 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

That is SO pretty. I am really impressed!!! I love the colors & the pattern. Very nice job!

Wendy said...

Wow! That's gorgeous! My "quilts" are just thrown together little things at the moment. I'm still working on the patience part of quilting ;).

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thank you both. My attention span is starting to wear thin. I seem to start too many projects at once.... So it feels really good to have this one done and packed away.