Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday

Summer has always been my favorite season. Stemming from my gradeschool days, I fare best in bright sunshine and vistas of green growing things and blue water.

Spring is the runner up, with flowering bulbs and trees and playing outside in the dirt. And the promise of summer soon to come.

Fall and winter tied for last. They have each had special memories over the years, mostly connected with my sons or woodstoves. But neither has really captured my heart.

This year I am determined to woo Autumn and Winter. Call me fickle, but I'll dance with any available partner, season-wise, that is. That being said, I will post some "valentines" to Fall.



This is where I had lunch yesterday. It is a very small park near where I work. The sun was strong. There were geese in the road stopping traffic. I brought a book but decided not to read.

Not bad at all.

******************


While dashing around on errands this morning (on a legitimate half-vacation day from work) I spied a Farmers' Market, turned the car around, and bought a beautiful tomato and a multigrain with flax seed bread for lunch along with some apples for snacking. Oh, if everyday could be like this.....

2 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

What a spot for your lunch ! Beautiful.I LOVE New England so much....I wish I lived there...the fall leaves and that farmers market..and those clouds..was it raining? Looks so cozy ! sigh.....

Best,
Kary

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Kary,
We woke to rain yesterday, but it had broken just before I took this photo.