Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's all in how you look at it


Being the ardent explorer, this is one of the roads I found that will lead to the place where I work. It’s a pleasant avenue, passing through a smaller town where I can do my banking, mail a letter, pick up books at a library, and shop for groceries. But the most interesting thing along the route is this fence.





It must be at least one hundred years old and it still standing after that many snowy winters, summers of hot sun, and rainstorms in between. The detail that remains is a reminder of the homeowners pride that once was. If I had a professional camera, I could present a photo of this fence that would be worthy of Halloween.



Complete with broken gate.

5 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Ver cool... kinda make me think of Tom Sawyer :) I like the sepia finish on the 3rd pic!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Oh, just beautiful...wish I was there... and the fence..well, let's just say ...you're so right.it is so HALLOWEEN ! Those photos made my day !
Thank you !
Kary

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

I'm glad these pictures were enjoyed. Folks I talk to around here just don't see the beauty (or unique-ness) in these things.
Or are just in a hurry so they don't notice these at all.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Isn't that what's so nice about having "blog friends"...we all like the same things...sometimes it's hard to find friends who do like the same things..

We're a lucky bunch to have each other......

Mug said...

Ahhh...Thank you so much for your kind words, Farm Gal...It's nice to be missed:).....Alas, I have become consumed with school (my students almost become my children), husband, and life in general.
i just haven't had the time or energy to be creative anywhere except at school...alas...so that means my blog has suffered:(

i DO love these photos, however...Have a lovely weekend, Farm Gal! -Mug

10 October 2009 04:50