Friday, January 20, 2017

Send in the clowns

Some time ago I came across six unique vintage applique blocks.  I had never seen applique stars that were transformed into clowns.




The six blocks that I have are incomplete, some being partially embroidered with faces and outlines and some unadorned.  I had always wanted to use them in a baby quilt but never came up with a design that would use all six.

With a new grandbaby on the way, I took action and purchased some bright fabrics to make a quilt from new clowns.  Tonight I cut and stitched the beginning shapes.


I used the freezer paper method for applique.


I've assembled three of the five blocks and will complete the remaining two this weekend.  Next, I will embroider the outlines and apply "clowny" faces  :)   My plan is to have the quilt top assembled by next month's FNSI so that I can start quilting!

But now I'm going to pop over to Sugarlane Designs to see what all the other crafty folks have been doing tonight  :)

2017 Sewing

Welcome 2017.  You have so much in store for us!

I've got a good jump on the year, but that's all for another time.  Today I found that Wendy B of Sugarlane Designs is still hosting Friday Night Sew In (yay!)  In the past I stitched along with some very crafty folks there, and I am glad to see the group still gathers.  I've signed up for tonight and will be working on a quilt for grandbaby number seven who is due in May (xoxoxo)  The quilt is based on some very old quilt blocks I found a few years back.  Please stop back tomorrow to see my progress.  And stop over at Wendy's to see what everyone else is working on  :)



Peace!