Friday, January 20, 2017

Send in the clowns

Some time ago I came across six unique vintage applique blocks.  I had never seen applique stars that were transformed into clowns.




The six blocks that I have are incomplete, some being partially embroidered with faces and outlines and some unadorned.  I had always wanted to use them in a baby quilt but never came up with a design that would use all six.

With a new grandbaby on the way, I took action and purchased some bright fabrics to make a quilt from new clowns.  Tonight I cut and stitched the beginning shapes.


I used the freezer paper method for applique.


I've assembled three of the five blocks and will complete the remaining two this weekend.  Next, I will embroider the outlines and apply "clowny" faces  :)   My plan is to have the quilt top assembled by next month's FNSI so that I can start quilting!

But now I'm going to pop over to Sugarlane Designs to see what all the other crafty folks have been doing tonight  :)

No comments: