Thursday, April 16, 2015

a little bit boho

My son and daughter-in-law up North are very appreciative of lovingly-made-by-hand items. Their sweet baby daughter is the lucky recipient of many quilts and clothing crafted by grand- and great-grandmothers.

But I took this one step sideways and made the granny square poncho for my DIL.  I recently posted the "almost finished" photo:





I've just added the fringe:





And it's ready to go to it's new owner!  It has that sweet 1970s look to it, kinda crunchy and earth-momma.  I think someone who likes to go on hikes, work in the garden, and take the dog for loonnnng walks would appreciate this on a cool evening.

It came together very quickly (in about a week of evenings) and I'm thinking about making one for myself.  Maybe in shades of deep green for fall.....  But let's not think that far ahead!  It's time to enjoy Spring!  Wishing you the best for the upcoming weekend :)

Peace

No comments: