Tuesday, April 14, 2015

3 plus 1 plus 1

Ahhhh, this is so much better!




I received a message last Thursday that the community garden plots would be available, and to stop by on Saturday to find out which one was mine.  Luckily, the plot next to mine was not allocated so I asked for both.

They are roughly 450 square feet, which seems to be a good, workable size.  I've been there after work to get my hands dirty and even planted one packet of snap peas.

The soil is very heavy and stays wet.  It will need some peat moss and/or compost.  But for now I'm just trying to get it to dry out.  I've made 3 slightly raised beds (in the background of the photo) and turned the soil for the 4th.  That's the very dark section in the photo.  In a few days I'll turn that into another raised bed.

So that's the 3 plus 1.  The final "1" is the first well-earned blister that I've had in years  :)

I've met a few of my "neighbors", and they're great.  Gardeners are awesome when winter finally gives up and sets them out in the fresh spring air.

Wishing you a bountiful summer, whether you garden or enjoy the farmers' markets.

Peace.

No comments: