Saturday, January 24, 2015

FNSI - progress on presents

Looking out my window this morning, I just might settle back onto the couch and continue where I left off on my quilting last night.  The huge snowflakes are coming down quickly, and has been predicted to change to rain/freezing rain today.  I prepared for this and don't have to go out.  So I'm going to try to make more progress on the quilt for my son and his wife, which is the first of many handmade presents I'm making for Christmas 2015.




(masking tape used for stitching guide)

I estimate that the hand quilting is one quarter complete (not all of this was done last night), and hope to have it done and ready to have the binding applied by next month's FNSI.




I returned to Friday Night Sew In after a very long absence and I am so glad that Wendy of Sugarlane Quilts is carrying on the tradition started by Heidi and Bobbi.  I'll be popping over to her blog to visit all the crafters who have signed up to see the beautiful things they've created!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend, no matter what the weather!


17 comments:

wish2stitch said...

Wow! You are suoer organised with a beautiful quilt almost finished. Welcome back to FNSI.

cq4fun said...

Sounds like perfect weather for sitting with a quilt in your lap and quilting! Lucky people who will receive it.

Just Sew Sue said...

Well done, a quarter is good. :)

Lyn said...

the quilt will be a lovely gift.

Jeanette said...

Very lovely. Hugs,xx

Fiona said...

beautiful work and the hand quilting seems a perfect occupation for a cold snowy day...
Hugz

Katherine said...

Its a beautiful quilt that deserves to be hand quilted. Stunning!

retdairyqueen said...

Will be lovely when finished

Yvonne W said...

I am always very impressed when someone hand quilts their work-- I cannot for the life of me, master hand quilting. The quilt looks lovely and refreshing.

Susan said...

I do admire those who hand quilt - you seem to be having the right weather for it - I'm in Australia and its currently 35C (95F)..no quilting happening here.

Selbermacherin said...

Really nice quilt!!
Nice to meet you at FNSI :-)
Susanne

Karen's Korner said...

You are very organised - starting on your 2015 Christmas. Lovely work.

barb's creations said...

You remind me of myself with your getting organized for Christmas just when the new year has barely begun lol. Hope you get more of your quilting accomplished and see progress pic's next FNSI :) Barb.

Janet said...

Lovely quilt! And I'm impressed that you are sewing for next Christmas already.

Wendy B said...

and I'm so pleased to have you with me, continuing on the tradition of FNSI. It's a lucky start for you too as MR RNG picked you out as our first winner..congratulations! You've won the first prize, listed on my blog. email me at wbert4(at)gmail(dot)com with your details so I can get your prize to you!
sugary hugs Wendy :o)

Lin said...

Congratulations on your win. What a super quilt that is going to be. xx

Flickenstichlerin said...

Handquilting is so relaxing and your quilt will be so beautiful.
Greetings,
Sylvia