Friday, May 16, 2014

Hello again!


Hello!

Though I may not have put a single word to paper (or, to screen), I have been around.  I took a bit of a break from expressing my thoughts to enjoy life’s adventures.  And I kept popping in to check on your world(s).  I may have lacked an online presence but I was, and am, still here J

I’m looking forward to the first birthday of my newest grandson in a few weeks.  I enjoy my monthly rail trip into NYC to give him hugs and kisses and see him grow.  This Sunday just can’t come fast enough!  I’ll be on an early train J

Another DS and his wife announced that they are expecting this fall.  Whoo-hoo!  Now I’ve got even more reasons for my northern road trips.  I’m so happy for them and know that they will be terrific parents.

And…..we’re getting (most of) the family together this summer.  Those of us who were able to schedule the time will be spending a few days in joyous (raucous?) togetherness.

I am still blessed to have my Mother here.  She is somewhat weaker but still doing well, having celebrated her 95th birthday just a little while ago.  And she enjoys her first great-great-grandchild, a darling boy who would have been my sister’s first great-grandchild.

I’ve used the internet more for research than for entertainment this past year.  I’ve found some interesting sites and information that I’ll be sharing.  But I did find time to watch Doc Martin, Broadchurch, and some other great British shows.

I haven’t done much stitching these past few months but I’m ready now!  I’ll be re-joining Friday Night Sew In, and possibly joining in a self-stitched monthly challenge.  Any new ones out there for refashioning?  Or maybe I can find the link to my biking mileage and get that going, again!

Here’s hoping we all have a wonderful summer …. or Winter, if you are that many miles away J

We’ll chat soon…..

Peace

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Must be the time of return to blog land ☺
I've been MIA blog wise too but am very much loving Facebook where it's possible to control who's who there ☺

Maria said...

So glad you are back!