Tuesday, September 17, 2013

THE dress!

My trip north coincided with one of the local fairs so this particular town was quite busy.  Traffic was heavier than usual but I knew which side street would circle 'round the congestion and take me exactly where I wanted to go, a secondhand shop.  As I walked in and checked the sign to see which color tickets were discounted, I was surprised to see that everything was half-price that day.  My first stop was the sewing patterns but I couldn't find a single one that I wanted.  So I wandered through the store until this lovely gown caught my eye!




 
 
 
 
 



A scattering of tiny beads!







It is very vintage...metal zipper, stiff horsehair-type crinoline, and all.  These photos do not show the true champagne color...so gorgeous!  And it's in excellent condition.  I would never fit into this sweet dress but it will be listed in my etsy shop soon.  Here's hoping I take better photos so someone sees the real beauty that it is!

Treasures like this don't turn up very often, but they do make the search exciting :)

2 comments:

Anthea said...

Wow, what a terrific find! I am sure someone will be happy to snap it up from you!

Maria said...

That is a beautiful dress!
I finally got around to looking at the blog you recommended. You are right - a tear-jerker, but what gorgeous bread and photography!

Thank you for the recommendation!