Sunday, September 15, 2013

Back to square one


Posting today was a real "hit or miss".  I wasn't able to open a new post last night or earlier this morning.  The last few years I have encountered issues with Blogger; such as not being able to post photos or losing my reading pane of the blogs I follow, but these cleared up within a few days or with a quick fix.  This problem won’t be so easy.  Blogger no longer supports IE8 stating that it is too “buggy”, and they don’t recommend upgrading to IE9 since that’s “buggy”, too.  (quoted from the Blogger Help Forum)  Their suggestion is that I switch to Chrome or Firefox.  My hesitation to follow this advice is that some folks on the Help Forum have encountered the same problem AFTER switching to Chrome, which does not instill confidence in that solution.  I’m considering switching to WordPress.  I follow some bloggers who have done so over the past few years and I will explore this option over the next week or two.  In the meantime I’m going to type up posts in a Word document so I will be able to post it from another location.  One way or another, I'll have this sorted out soon :)

I've got to hem some new pants this morning, then I'm off riding.  The weather is a bit cooler now in new England and it will be a lovely day for a spin!

Wishing you a Wonderful Sunday!



quick update: I'm scheduling a few posts now while I've got a good Blogger connection!

No comments: