Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Something old

August Break, day 21


Looking through old photographs recently, I stumbled on one of the dress I made for my senior prom.  I remembered the soft, float-y material.  And having my hair "done" at the hairdressers.....all that hairspray!  Oh, how styles have changed....  Could it have possibly been that many years ago?


 
 
 
 
Interestingly enough, shortly after I saw the photo I happened to find the pattern from that dress on etsy.  It's a few sizes larger, but then again, so am I :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The version shown in blue is the style I stitched, making it floor length.
It has a double butterfly sleeve.
 





I'm always amazed when I see a pattern I recognize online, and I've purchased a few of the ones that I had made in the past.  It's an inexpensive indulgence and it doesn't take as much space as collecting vintage cars I'd owned :)

....although it would be fun to drive my old Valiant again....





Stop by The August Break hosted at Susannah Conway's blog for more postings of "Something old"  :)

The August Break 2013

No comments: