Thursday, August 15, 2013

Books

August Break, day 15






 
History and current topics
 
 
 

 
Memoirs (and old diaries)
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
My mother's cookbook
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
A new world......
 






Books have always been important to me.  From reading Leaves of Grass and Cry the Beloved Country in high school to preparedness works today, I enjoy the written word.  I love walking through a bookstore and I'm always drawn to the stacks of used books at rummage sales :)




The August Break 2013

3 comments:

Anthea said...

Oh I love this book-filled post! I am a book lover too, nothing like the smell of pages and all those little or not-so-little marks left by previous readers... Enjoy your break! x

Maria said...

Tell me about Woman Alone: A Farmhouse Journal!

I love your books and I have obviously read a few - Thank you!!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi Anthea,
I also think books are wonderful :)
Thank you for stopping by!

Hello Maria,
I just found this book at Goodwill and couldn't resist it! Like all my favorites, it is non-fiction. It's next on my reading list!