Saturday, May 4, 2013

Tireless

For the past week there's been a large sheet of paper on my sliding glass door.  My neighbor has now put one on her door.  This robin is still aggressively charging his reflection, thinking it is another bird in his territory.  We had hoped that he would calm down if he didn't see his reflection.  I guess not.

Yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work, a movement out by the cars caught my attention.  I watched as the robin sat on the sideview mirror of one car and flew at the passenger window of the adjacent vehicle.  He flew off when I opened the front door but this must have been going on for a while, since the two cars involved were splattered with droppings.

Then I saw the mess deposited on my car, too........  and yes, I had just taken it to the carwash the day before!

Any ideas on how long this bird's aggressiveness might last?  Or if this is a bird with a problem?

3 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Such aggressive, territorial behavior will last as long as the bird species' breeding season... could be from early spring (Feb-Mar) through the summer.

Parking your car in another location might help protect it from "mess"... what you're doing with your windows is a good idea.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Wow, Impera M, thanks for the heads-up! I did some searching on the internet and yes, this could last through July!

Anthea said...

Good heavens, what a nutter this bird is... dare I say maybe he needs some food that will make him sleep long term? I hope it gets sorted soon, what havoc for you x