Thursday, May 16, 2013

Now I know that Spring is really here!

What a joy it would be to keep the windows open on a day like this to chase away the dust that settles while I'm at work.  I couldn't wait to get home so I could open everything and let all that fresh air through the stale house.  It was a particularly beautiful day, bordering between Spring and Summer.  The sun shone with all its strength but the breeze toned down the heat.  So I opened every window.  And then I went to the sliding door to the deck.

And waiting for me on the deck was my "orphan" tomato plant  ;)




I just found out that my neighbor is about 95 now.  (I had guessed her to be almost ten years younger!)  Every year her son starts tomato plants from seed.  He brings the seedlings to her and she "gifts" one to me, leaving it on my deck.  I let last year's "orphan" get too tall and lanky so it didn't produce well but this year I am determined to have a healthy plant that will make her proud.  Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

MYstory of HIStory said...

ahhh yes ... this is becoming a regular sign for me as well that spring has sprung! Hmm...isn't this the third year or so in a row that you've been gifted tomato plants from your neighbor lady that you've found and fostered : ) Best wishes for a bountiful harvest!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi MyStory,
Yes, at least 3 years! I have a feeling this will be a really good year. Thank you for stopping by :)