Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nemo - 02/08/2013

 
By now you've seen lots of snow photos on the internet.  It's awe-inspiring, isn't it?  My employer closed the office by noon yesterday so I got home safely, before the rush when most of the offices let out.  It didn't look like much when I went to sleep last night, but this was my view at 7 this morning. Those pointy peaks by the condos across the way are actually cars. You can just barely see the windshield wipers sticking up.







This little car is completely covered.



 
 
 
 
I've been checking the news on the internet.  One of our local stations was streaming storm-related coverage online.  Earlier today the traffic cams showed stranded cars and trucks on the interstate highway, which was officially closed.  Emergency vehicles couldn't get to them.

When I bundled up and went out, it took three trips to shovel and crawl through the drifts just to get to my car.  I cleared the snow by the tailpipe and let it run for a few minutes.  It's not going anywhere until the plow comes through.  But I am sooooo thankful for my Keene boots!  My feet and legs stayed dry and toasty warm.
 
It's going to be a quiet weekend here.  Lots of hot chocolate, and maybe some baking :)
 
I hope you're all safe and warm!


2 comments:

MYstory of HIStory said...

So much snow here too!! Wow! A-mazing ... first time I ever remember there being a statewide ban (in MA) on driving. Glad you are able to enjoy it from the inside out today.

farmlady said...

You guys are really getting it back there. Take care and stay indoors. What a storm!