Thursday, February 28, 2013

Boiling this weekend!

It's been an interesting month here.  From being snowbound to taking walks in 50 degree warmth of the sun at lunch, and seeing huge formations of geese heading......South???

Two more huge old houses have just been torn down on the main street near me.  Where lawns were once mowed and flowers watered, there is now uneven brown earth with a "Build to Suit" sign.  How odd it looked yesterday when only the brick fireplace remained where a noble New England home once stood.  As they say...."Change is the only constant".

The sap buckets went up this week and we'll be boiling over the weekend!!!  There were many little glitches that prevented us from an early start but the weather reports look like we'll still have a good run :)   I'm so excited to get involved in this, since one of my long-term goals is to have my own small stand of maples.  Check back here this weekend for photos!

Also, I'll snap some photos of my D9P denim quilt top.  I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out and hope to have it sandwiched and machine quilted very soon.

Have a wonderful Friday and let's get ready for the weekend!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I can't wait to see your syrup!!