Saturday, January 12, 2013

Signs of Spring!

 
It's an unseasonably warm 49 degrees this afternoon in New England.  The overnight lows are only expected to bottom out at 41 around here, and tomorrow will be quite nicely in the mid- to high-50s.  It's looking like Mother Nature is a bit confused, as are the bunch of red breasted robins I just saw.  We normally don't see them until all foul weather is behind us but these six fellows were eagerly dining in this yard today.






Four robins in this photo.





 
He looks like he's waiting to cross the street!
 
 
Robins on January 12th!  I'm guessing they found a lot to eat.  They stayed until after I walked on by.


4 comments:

Kate said...

You are sooooo lucky! Here on the Canadian prairies we're buried under a couple feet of snow and just started a COLD SNAP!

Impera_Magna said...

I love robins...

It's 76 degrees here in central NC... definitely feels like a warm spring day!

Maria said...

I think that after this last bit of snow, they decided to go south after all......:)

Maria said...

I'm just checking on you! You haven't posted in a while. I hope all is well and that you are just really busy!