Saturday, December 22, 2012

Treasures

This year I set up the manger that belonged to my parents.  It's the one I remembered from every Christmas as I grew up.  The "straw" has mostly rubbed off, after being wrapped in tissue year after year. The stable is pretty bare now.  Some of the pieces had been replaced as the original ones broke.  But even those are old.  I remember seeing replacement shepherds and sheep in F.W.Woolworth, all lined up on a shelf.  I imagine we weren't the only family who dropped a donkey and were unable to glue legs back on.  I like to see the prices that are still on the bottoms of these figures.






This photo is from some time in the 1960s or so.







This is today.






I just got this manger this past summer.  It had been packed away in my sister's basement for almost 30 years.  I'm so glad she kept it.  I've always loved it.

Wishing you joy and happiness in all your holiday traditions!

No comments: