Monday, December 31, 2012

No punching tigers 'round here

On his New Year's Eve radio show of December 31, 1946, comedian Red Skelton proclaimed his resolution of not punching any tigers in the mouth for 1947.  When co-actor Rod O'Connor asked why he would choose that since he had never before punched a tiger in the mouth, Mr Skelton said "I know, but I'm gonna have a resolution this year that I can keep!"


I've been trying to come up with resolutions for this coming year.  Not the ones promising to cut back on fossil fuel usage or brown-bagging it for workday lunches.  And not vowing to shed pounds (although I really need to drop what I've gained in 2012....)  Instead, I'm resolving to have my camera with me at all times and look for the unexpected.  I'm going back to nature...biking, hiking, snowshoeing...like I used to do.  I got off track for a while, devoting too much time to work and being serious.  2013 brings a return to having some fun.  I'll still keep my eco-friendly lifestyle and I still have to work, but I've got to "get back to the garden".





Lol!  I bought this album NEW so many years ago!






The new year lies ahead of you, like a spotless tract of snow

Be careful how you tread on it for every mark will show

May all your "marks" on 2013 be fantastic!




And one more thing....there'll be no punching tigers in the mouth next year for me :)



Peace!



.

1 comment:

MYstory of HIStory said...

We're thinking along the same line. I started a Photo-a-Day/Project 365 on facebook .... hmmm mb I'll do weekly updates on my blog too. A picture says a thousand words so I'm all for photo-journaling thru' 2013! Looking forward to seeing your pics :) Hapy New Year!