Friday, December 21, 2012

Hello!

I apologize for being somewhat absent lately.  The past few months have drawn more time and energy than I imagined.  In a (very) brief recap:

The new person at work is catching on well and knows how to handle the basics, but there's still a lot for them to learn.

My mother was ill for a few weeks and is now doing much better.  She has decided to host Christmas Eve at her place this year and we should have a houseful!  (I'll go into details in another post.)

I've been working at my sewing machine, trying to perfect a finished product that I want to put in my etsy shop.  I'm still not quite satisfied with the results.

I finished a companion to the wool scarf that I made last month, this one more "masculine".  I mailed it without taking a photo, but it was made of 8-inch squares of similar wool as the first one, and backed with a medium grey microsuede.  I didn't put any trim on this one.  Instead, I put a running stitch about one-half inch inside the outer edges with three strands of black embroidery floss.

Our Christmas party at work was a lot of fun, as usual.  I'm going to be on the planning committee next year and I've got some ideas.....

It will be a busy weekend for me, as I'm sure it will be for you, too.  So for tonight, I'll be cruising through the internet and catching up on your blogs.  Time to find my slippers.

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Good to hear from you, and know that all is well and Christmas plans are in the making. Hope you have some time off just for you over the holidays. I'm looking forward to a couple of days off and some time to re-group for a couple of quilting bees I'm planning on doing in 2013. Nice that you got to do some sewing. Have a Merry Christmas!

farmlady said...

This time of year, life can get very busy. I hope things settle down for you and that the New Year brings you many blessings.