Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sometimes.....

Sometimes it's like your head is in another place, lost in the hectic pace of work.  Then you suddenly realize that someone has been talking to you and you wake from the fog.  I've been in that fog lately, but I have hope!

This past year has been tumultuous where I work, with several radical personnel changes that resulted in my shoulders carrying the weight of two desktops for what seems like forever.  Some temporary workers were brought in to try to alleviate the workload, but that made things worse.  A few weeks ago the vacant position was filled and I have been training the new person (yet another task!)  Yesterday felt more like the "old" job.  The newbie opened their wings to fly, taking on duties and proving their strength.  I can see light at the end of this tunnel.  All those nights of dropping on the couch, exhausted, after work may be coming to an end!

Coinciding with this were two more happenings.

One was being tagged by Embroiderymad.  She asked me to answer these questions:


1. What is your favourite craft?
I adore all handwork.  I love to sew and quilt.  I can knit and crochet, but I have also taken woodworking classes and have refinished furniture.  I have always wanted to learn to work with silver.

2. Do you have a special room for craft?
My dining table seems to be designated for that. {*smile*}

3. Do you live in a large city or a small town?
At the edge of a big city surrounded by mid-size towns, but a change is on the horizon.

4. What are your favourite colours?
All sincere tones....earthy.  Any shade resembling a stormy sky or a pile of leaves, or the many colors of rock.

5. Do you have any animals?
Sadly, they are not allowed by my HOA.

6. Do you like to cook?
Yes, but not at the moment ;)

7. Do you use recycled goods or do you always buy new ones for your craft?
I enjoy challenging myself by choosing recycled (even vintage)  but new is good, too!

8. Do you have a craft group or do you just do your own thing?
I haven't found a craft group in this immediate area but keep in touch with some distant friends for ideas and support.

8. Do you grow your own veges?
Sadly, another HOA issue.  But I have covered my deck with planters and buckets that contained zucchini, potatoes, and green beans!

9. How many craft books do you have?
Not as many as I'd like ;)

10. What is your favourite TV show.
I gave away my television over 3 years ago....and love the feeling of independence.

11. Do you check emails and blogs as soon as you get up in the morning?
Shortly after rising I check all the wonderful blog updates while making my coffee.


I'll tell you about the second thing tomorrow.....
Until then, have a wonderful day!


Peace,
Farmgal

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Thankyou for taking part in the blog tag. That was a great idea to do a bit as you have time. I am glad that your work load is now lightening a bit. Wow no TV. I think that I would get a lot more done if I didn't have a TV. Have a nice day.