Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like.....

It's only November 7th and work closed early because of the accumulation of wet, heavy snow.  It started early and continued all day.  By quarter to 4, when the office closed, I cleaned at least three inches from my car before driving on roads that were getting slick under the white stuff.  I'm in the 3-6" zone on this chart from the weather channel (very close to the coast):



This is very unusual for the southern tip of New England in November.  My thoughts go out to the folks who are still recovering from Hurricane Sandy and now going through this!

Morning update: It continued through the night, but I haven't heard the total accumulation yet.  The crazy (but good) news is that it's going back up into the high 50s this weekend.  What a ride!

Stay warm, and well!


1 comment:

Gayle said...

I have never seen snow, but I am thinking of those poor people who lost everything in Sandy. It must be horrible.
I have tagged your blog in a game of blog-tag. Hope you have time to join in and have fun.