Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Finished, at last!

For a small quilt, it took longer to hand quilt than I had anticipated.  Mostly because I kept getting side tracked.  But here it is!



 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 


Photos taken in the early hours this morning so I had to use indoor lighting.



This quilt has made me appreciate the bright, primary colored fabrics that I had shunned while working on ones that were more subdued, more like vintage reproductions.  It was fun, and I'll probably make more from similar fabrics soon.  But I've got something else in mind for my next project and I've already been sketching out the pattern.  I can't wait for the next Friday Night Sew In!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Peace,
Farmgal

5 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Wonderful!!! Aren't Mini's fun and rewarding? I'm always thinking I'll handquilt this LITTLE quilt in no time. Ha!!! But I do FINISH...eventually. Thanks for visiting CITexas Gal and commenting on my Dear Jane Quilt post.

Impera_Magna said...

That is one gorgeous quilt! Congrats on the finish!!!

farmlady said...

Just lovely. I like the pattern because it's got so much white that it goes with everything. When there is a lot of one color, or non color as with the white, the printed color stands out more.
Very nice.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Wow ... It turned out so nice! The simplicity is striking and the colors are fun! I reeeally like the special touch/stripe you added on the back. You are an amazing seamstress!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thank you all so much for your sweet remarks. You have made my day :)