Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A successful prototype!

Not bad for a few hours last night!

I applied a lining to the book that I had gutted, adding elastic to hold in the corners of my ereader.  (Note: Since I had accidentally used white thread on a black application, I later touched up the stitches with a permanent black marker.  It worked like a charm!)


 
 
 
So now the e-reader fits nice and snug.



 
 
 
 
Closed.....
 
 



 
 
 
Open for watching a video....
 
 
 
 
 
But there's one thing an e-reader cannot do........
 
 
 
 
 
You can't stack them on top of a glued project to apply weight!
 
 
It was a fun project, and when I find a really interesting looking book, I'll make another one.  It will have to be something really outstanding....maybe it will have a great art-deco design on the cover.
 
 
Have a great day (or evening) and don't forget to have some fun :)
 
 
 
Peace,
Farmgal


5 comments:

MYstory of HIStory said...

Nice! Such a CleVeR idea :)

Maria said...

Wonderful!

Wendy said...

Awesome! My youngest has been looking with a gleam in her eye at the Kindle, and we're thinking it might be her double-digit birthday gift. I'm thinking one of these would,then, be perfect for keeping in line with my homemade Christmas ;).

Thanks for a great project idea ;)!

Sue McPeak said...

Wow...that turned out really neat!!! And to think I spent $$$ for one. I may make one anyway...love the idea of having a real book cover on my Kindle. Good idea for watching movies...one day I may get the Kindle Fire, too.

Have a great weekend.

Cherie said...

WOW that's a brilliant idea ... well done, love it ;)