Saturday, October 27, 2012

A beginning

I could easily have started something new, with all the ideas swimming around in my head, but instead I pulled out the last quilt top I made this summer for this Friday Night Sew In.  And so it began....



 
 




It took a while to baste the sandwich together, after which I stared at it to picture what elegant scrollwork to add in quilting stitches. However many designs I thought of, I decided that this simple bright quilt should have straightforward quilting.  I'm using masking tape again, to mark the stitching lines.




A plain outline of the colorful strips and a grid in the open areas.




It should be ready for binding by next month's FNSI!


Thank you to Heidi and Crafty Vegas Mom for hosting this wonderful opportunity for crafters to get together and share their progress, ideas, and projects!  Follow this link to see what great things are being made around the world during Friday Night Sew In!

4 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Great choice for the quilting.... it's gonna be one cool quilt!

Sisbabestitches said...

Lovely complementary quilting! FNSI is great for spending some quality time on a project :)

Sue McPeak said...

A perfect choice for the quilting. Often times the KISS Method works best! I have a hard time remembering that...LOL!!!

Seeing you work on a WIP reminds me of several I have started hand quilting and just lack a little bit to finish. You've inspired me to go find them...as soon as I FINISH my current WIP.

Maria said...

As beautiful as always.