Sunday, September 9, 2012

Beautiful day

I spent a blissfully relaxed day at my sewing machine listening to wonderful music while the cool, late summer breeze came through the windows.  The sunshine hinted at the promise of a warm and mellow Autumn.





I took the stack of 2-inch strips that were left over from the recent full size quilt top that I recently pieced and started adding them to four and a half inch squares.


 
 
 
 
The squares were sewn into strips, the strips were sewn together, and it turned into this....
 
 
 
 
I've got a bright and happy baby quilt top.  And there's still plenty of fabric bits remaining to make more treasures!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am so taken with these cheery prints!
 
 
This is the last quilt top that I will piece on my trusty Bernina.  I'll tell you why tomorrow night....after I get home from the dentist.  It's time for a cleaning again.  Time flies!
 
 
Have a wonderful evening.
 
 
 
Peace,
Farmgal



4 comments:

farmlady said...

Wow! This is beautiful! You didn't need any ideas from us. This is such a great idea and very creative.
Nice use of small pieces of fabric.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thank you for your kind words, farmlady. It's not an original design, and I'll most likely use it again!

MYstory of HIStory said...

Very nice...I like this pattern & these fabrics a lot! Simply fun :)

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thank you, MYstory! Yes, I think "fun" is the word!