Wednesday, August 29, 2012

This one's for me....

....because winter will be here before you know it!


 
 
And I'll be looking for a cozy but not-too-warm cover while napping on the loveseat :)
 

 
 
 
Some family cast-offs of soft flannel nightgowns provided oodles of fabric that I cut into 5-inch wide strips and stitched together randomly.  It's about 50" x 50" now, but I'm looking for one more donation to add a few more strips.  Then I'll back it with a length of lightweight flannel from the fabric store (no batting) and do some light machine quilting for a quick finish.

 



Warmth and coziness will be waiting for me.  Now, how about a cuppa tea?



Peace,
Farmgal

1 comment:

Impera_Magna said...

What a great way to repurpose flannel nighties! It's going to be perfect for afternoon naps....