Sunday, August 5, 2012

It isn't the heat, it's the humidity.....

It hasn't reached 90 today but the humidity is close to 80%, affecting the air quality level.  It was a good day to stay inside and clean.  (...and check on a few older folk by phone to make sure they are doing well.)  My brief excursion was to drop off some books at Goodwill and pick up some eggs and fruit at the store.

Tonight I'll be doing more of this.....






I'm getting close the completion on this baby quilt so after yesterday's visit with my mother, I went to the fabric store to buy new material for my next quilt.  It certainly felt strange picking out fabrics for a quilt (*wink*) but I've almost run out of old aprons!  My last few trips to the second hand shops yielded no "cutters"!

I tried to mimic the randomness of a pile of aprons by choosing about ten prints of assorted colors.  I couldn't reproduce the tone and exact colors of vintage aprons, but I think it may have the general "effect".  Only time will tell.  The pattern I've chosen would lend itself well to scraps that a 1940's housewife would have on hand.

Tonight I'll be working on this.  There's a Friday Night Sew In coming up soon.  If I've finished this one, I'll have my next project ready!

Have a wonderful evening!



Peace,
Farmgal

2 comments:

Maria said...

Sorry that there were no vintage aprons...love that quilt, though!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Thank you, Maria!