Saturday, July 21, 2012

Opportunity

I took advantage of the break in the heat to heat up the kitchen.....





Peaches have been abundant in the market these past few weeks and I've been enjoying a few in my cereal, but in the back of my mind I kept remembering shelves filled with jams many years ago.  When my sons were small one of their favorites was my rosy peach banana jam, so those peaches in the market were just calling to me to make another batch.

My original intent was to give them out at Christmas but one of the eight jars has already found its way to a neighbor who is expecting company for the next week.  A second jar will be going with me to my mother today.  A third is for a coworker.  And one each for my three sons, the next time I see them.  Then one for my niece and one for my nephew.  Doing the math, that takes care of all eight jars.

The beauty of canning is that there's always enough leftover to fill a half-jar, and that one is sitting in my fridge.

.....but I might buy more peaches on my way home today.

Spread a little kindness.



Peace,
Farmgal

2 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

There's nothing better than homemade jam... or the satisfaction of all those beautiful jars full of peachy goodness you've just put up.

Sandy said...

Peach banana jam.....that sounds yummy!