Friday, July 27, 2012

Mmmmmm, more!





I couldn't resist.  I had to make more jam while the summer fruit is so abundant in the market.  I had my eye on the plums lately so I bought a bunch and on Wednesday evening I made a mess in the kitchen, but it  was worth it!  I've got seven jars of plum jam....Yum!  Six are for gifting to friends and family.  The last one is for me, since I was one lid short and couldn't process it in the water bath.  It's in the fridge and will be gone before the leaves start turning brilliant colors this Autumn.

I'm thinking about putting the canner away for the year.  Or maybe not.

Have a yummy day!



Peace,
Farmgal

3 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

No doubt about it... homemade jams are light years better than store-bought!

Your jam giftees will be thrilled and and I know you'll be enjoying your jar.

Mary said...

mmmm...yummy.

Maria said...

Don't put the canner away yet....it's almost time for salsa!!!