Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's my first

Found on my Friday lunchtime walk.....






My mother, who has a set of Irish grandparents, has always been able to spot a four leaf clover without even trying.  The other day I asked her how she does it, since I've never been able to find one.  She enjoyed a giggle over my mild frustration.  But today......Lo and behold!  On today's lunchtime walk I wandered over to a patch of clover and this little guy was on the side waiting for me.

When my sons were young, my second-born, taken by how his grandmother (my mother) could find four leaf clover in our yard, decided he was going to find one.  He sat down in our field and started going through the clover.  To everyone's surprise, not only did he find one with four leaves but he also had one with five!  Takes after his grandma.  *big smile*

Wishing everyone a bit o'luck today!


Peace,
Farmgal

3 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Congratulations on finding your first four-leaf clover! I'll bet you find lots from now on...

My younger granddaughter has that "skill" or "luck" in finding four-leaf clover.... her older sister can't find one to save her...

Velva said...

Finding a 4 leaf clover is awesome. Finding a z5 leaf clover that's priceless. Thanks for sharing your luck with us.

Velva

farmlady said...

Just waiting for you.. Congrats and good luck to you.
My oldest grandson did something very similar. He sat out in the backyard until he found one. Amazing...
Cute story.