Sunday, July 1, 2012

Finding Nature's treasures.....

....at work.




Seeing these early morning visitors at my workplace just tickled me pink.  They were looking for breakfast in the shrubbery near the building, but made a bee-line for my Subaru when I ealked to the front door.  It seems that they "guarded" it for quite a while afterwards.  Co-workers arriving for the next half hour were surprised that they were still standing near it.






I often walk on my lunchbreak, as do many others from neighboring offices.  It's a relaxing area, still semi-wooded and natural.  Nature's beauty is all around.







One section of road is lined with raspberries, fully loaded with buds ready to burst forth in red beauties.  We lunchtime walkers have been eyeing them with bated breath.







I found a few small ones on a bush hidden by wildflowers but I don't expect to enjoy very many of them.  I'm sure the birds will fill their beaks and bellies before we get there at noon.  I hope they're willing to share a few!



I've enjoyed reading so many blogs these past few months....mostly by lurking ;)  Everyone has been so busy!  Much has happened here and there's more coming up.  I'll be back to share with you.  In the meantime, I hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend.  (We're in the middle of a heatwave here.)  Stay cool.

Peace,
Farmgal

4 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Ah... nature! So lovely... great photos you captured! So nice that you can walk at lunchtime...

Doniene said...

Those berries look scrumptious!! Such lovely photos! Thanks for sharing!!

Maria said...

I am so glad you are back!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hello friends,

Thank you for stopping by!