Monday, July 30, 2012

Colorful Canned Goodness

As a child I was always fascinated by my mother's copy of the Woman's Home Companion Cook Book from the 1940's with almost 1,000 pages of information and recipes; from correct table settings to candy making.  She was a naturally excellent cook  and I only remember her using it a few times but it was always in the same place, ready when needed.  Her book is now in my kitchen.  I haven't used it, but it's comforting to have it.  When I see it I think of my favorite page, a photo of shelves filled with colorful canned goods.





On Sunday mornings I listen to a radio station that plays folk and bluegrass.  One song this morning brought back the memory of that photo, and the real meaning of having a well-stocked pantry.




This says it all.......







Enjoy!




Peace,
Farmgal

2 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

What a neat song... thanks for sharing it... it made me smile!

MYstory of HIStory said...

I so know what you mean here: "Her book is now in my kitchen. I haven't used it, but it's comforting to have it." :) So sweet - and I can so relate.