Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new day!

I hope you are all feeling well this morning....not dragging and sluggish from over-indulgence last night ;)

I went to a dinner party with friends and returned home while the driving was still safe (because the serious party-goers were still partying....)  It was satisfying to doze off to sleep with a full tummy and happy thoughts, knowing that I would feel good this morning.  Because this morning is the start of our New Year.  This is the day we use to chart our course for the next twelve months....or two weeks, depending on willpower ;)

Over the past week I thought hard and long about where my energies should go in 2012 and beyond.  I could attempt to do anything I desired, short of learning to fly an airplane or travelling into outer space.  I came up with two variations of a list.  Today I would like to share the more general choices....the ones that are more like "guidelines".  Tomorrow I will post a slightly different list of things I would like to accomplish.  But here is my list of how I want to live my life in 2012.....


Adopt a lighter lifestyle.  Use less, need less.

Help someone.

Treat all those I meet with respect and kindness.

Learn something new....and then something else....and something else.....

Give.



Those are the gerneral, overall points of how I want to proceed this year.  Tomorrow I'll share my "other" list.  See you then!

And if you partied a little too hard last night, you've got 12 months to shake it off.  Have a wonderful Sunday!


.

4 comments:

MYstory of HIStory said...

Sounds like a good plan :) Hmmm... imagine if everyone had the same plan ... whatta kinder/gentler/smarter world it would be :)

Mary said...

I like your plan for 2012. Mine is probably going to look somewhat similar. I have been dragging my feet on making specific resolutions and I really can't say why. On a lighter note, we went to the movies last night and saw Sherlock Holmes-fun!!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi MyStory,
I'm thinking this whole world needs a little more kindness, after this past year!

Hi Mary,
I've been wanting to see the new S.Holmes movie! Glad to hear you liked it :)

farmlady said...

I don't get to party anymore, but I have some good (and some not so good)memories of New Years past.
I like your resolutions. We could all pay attention to these and make this a really good year.
Have a healthy and happy New Year...