Sunday, January 29, 2012

2012, not as I had imagined

The year is still new but I'm almost looking back on 2011, wistfully.

I took my mother back to the hospital this morning.  She's had a rough time since she came home.  Even though she has been on antibiotics (or because of them), she has developed a nasty infection in her colon.  She is constantly tired and sleeping, getting weaker and more dehydrated.  The current course of antibiotics isn't making progress.  I take care of her on weekends and drive there once mid-week after work and call her two or three times a day, but it's not enough.  Her doctor and I agreed that she needs the care that a hospital could give her to get over this problem.  So we spent the morning in the ER and finally got her settled into a room around noon.

While driving home, my neighbor called me to let me know that a pipe somewhere in the walls was leaking and that there's a good-sized puddle in the condo basement.  Our property manager recently resigned and we have no direct contact for this.  All we could do was leave messages with the answering service.  Two hours later, no repair service has arrived.

The other problems are minor......

On the other hand, this unusually warm January weather makes me happy  :)
And I've stitched 3 more blocks for Just Takes 2.  I'll finish the remaining 2 tonight and be ready for the next group to be offered on February 1st!  (Photos tomorrow, promise!)

3 comments:

farmlady said...

Life can be so challenging some times. It can feel like you're taking one step forward and two back.
I hope this stay in the hospital will help your Mom and get her going in a good direction.
Take care...

Impera_Magna said...

Sorry to hear your mother is in the hospital... praying that she gets better and is home quickly!

Bummer about the leak and no one to take care of it... what a pain!

Glad you're sewing to release some of the stress.... hang in there!

Maria said...

Sounds like you are having a bad week/weekend (or 2012) ...I completely understand. Prayers are being sent for your mom. I hope the hospital can get her on the right track. And I'm hoping the leak gets fixed soon.

I'm glad to see your red and white quilting....love it!