Monday, November 28, 2011

Extended season

The advantage to not shopping on the weekend after Thanksgiving is being able to enjoy a quiet walk on the beach, which I did on both Saturday and Sunday.  While folks were rushing from store to store to build up points on their credit cards, I listened to the crunch of fine wet sand under my shoes.




The gulls were looking for food.




The remains of a horseshoe crab, looking so very prehistoric.




Barnacles holding several shells together. 




This one reminded me of angel's wings.



There were only about 20 people along the entire beach.  Two months earlier, I would have been weaving my way through beach blankets and toys.

In this section of the world we have been blessed with lovely weather which is about to change.  Tomorrow's forecast brings rain, followed by colder temperatures.  Perhaps I should find my coat now.....

6 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

There is nothing like walking a (semi) deserted beach... what lovely photos!

The colder temps arrive with the rain this evening... nothing like going from shirt sleeves to sweaters/jackets overnight! Stay warm and dry...

Prim2Pink said...

Sounds like an excellent way to spend the day!
We are getting ready to enjoy (HAHA)our first snow tonight.

Maria said...

Hasn't it been a crazy November - so warm. Even the colder temperatures coming up this week aren't average.....I don't get it!?

MyStory of HiStory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MyStory of HiStory said...

You won't find treasures like you found (sights, sounds, smells....serenity!) in any mall on Black Friday - which I recently saw referred to as "black & blue!". Yikes! I think you chose wisely! Looks like a LoVely day.

Mary said...

inhale...I can smell it and hear it. Thanks from a reader who lives in the high desert.