Sunday, November 27, 2011

button, button.....

My vest is almost complete, having spent a few evenings knitting the neckband and seaming the sides.  Progress was stalled for a few days while I hesitated over buttons.  I narrowed it down to two choices....

these look like they were cut from a seashell...




and these classic vintage faux leather knots...




I'm leaning towards the knots, so I can use the other ones on something linen-y.  The knots always remind me of those wool plaid blazers with the elbow patches. 

I love Autumn wool plaids, capturing the rich colors of leaves, squash, and wine.  I saw some beautiful plaids as I wandered through JCPenney last week.  One skirt in particular caught my attention.  It was a bias-cut maxi!!!  I wore one very similar back in '75 and '76.  It was a favorite of mine back then (sigh!)



I've been watching these for the past few weeks.  This is the best display this little plant has ever had.  Such a delight to open the drapes in the morning!






It's a gorgeous day, here, so I'm heading out to get my vitamin D.

Wishing you a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Tough choice on the buttons but I think the faux leather ones will look great!

RE: bias-cut plaid maxi skirts
What goes around, comes around again! *lol*

Maria said...

The cactus is beautiful and so is the vest.......

MyStory of HiStory said...

The weather here was beautiful too. Strange for Nov -- but I'm not complaining :) Glad you were able to get out and soak up some vitamin D :) The sweater vest is coming along nicely. Beautiful plant! Such vibrant colors.

Mary said...

Lovely sweater-I vote for the knots too. You have probably already added them :-)