Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's been a while, hasn't it?

I just cleaned a two inch thick layer of dust on this keyboard.  Really.  Well, not quite ;)

I did miss each and evey one of you, whether you are a regular commenter, or just stop by now and then ;)    And I did miss reading all your adventures when I couldn't log on.  That was part of my excuse problem.  My "new" laptop computer went into the shop twice...for a total of five weeks.  The screen did some wonky things and went black.  (~~~Withdrawal shudders.~~~) 

And I've been busy.....

I am almost finished with my small lap quilt (or large wall hanging) which will be going to a quilt shop next week to be put up for sale.  This one was created around some antique patches that were found in a secondhand store.  It is now extensively hand-quilted, which I believed would be a fitting tribute to the patches and the woman who sewed them.  As soon as I finish the binding I will post the completed photo.

Next on my UFO list is the kaleidoscope quilt made from vintage housedresses and aprons.  This will be my first attempt at machine quilting, but I think it is a fitting project.  It's simplicity deems a simple solution.  I've got some time in November devoted to this.

Psssst, Cherie!  I went to Brooklyn last month to visit my son and had a great time.  It was a Saturday so we stopped at Smorgasburg and went to a few of the vintage mall/markets.  Meeker Street is slated as a definite return visit.  It's a good thing I can't tote a sewing machine home on the train ;)  Mast Brothers Chocolate is yummy (especially the Stumptown Coffee bar), and Momofuku cookies are THE BEST!  I'm planning a trip back there in early spring as a revival after the holidays but I'll schedule it so I can go to Brooklyn Flea this time....and I'm saving my pennies so I can splurge ;)

More to come!  There's so much catching up to do...

I hope you've all had a great summer!

1 comment:

Maria said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilts. Glad your computer is up and running again.....