Saturday, July 16, 2011

This is what I've been doing

I haven't been typing here because I've spent a few evenings on this......





I am thrilled with the vintage "look" of this quilt top.  The Kaleidoscope pattern is perfect for old fabric.





I'lll be stopping at JoAnn's today for a medium-toned green fabric which I'll use for a border strip and the binding.






These two together really have become my tribute to all our mothers and grandmothers, who worked hard to make their homes warm and friendly, and their families healthy and happy.





I've also been reading, biking, went blueberry picking again, and, oh, right,.....working ;)


Have a wonderful weekend!  I hope yours is filled with sunshine and happiness  :)

7 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Incredibly beautiful and so vintage looking! Quilt historians in the future will be totally confused trying to date the quilt... *lol*

Wonderful concept and fab execution...

farmgal said...

Truly beautiful! What an amazing job you have done.

Maria said...

So, so, so nice!

Mug said...

oh.....Beautiful....simply beautiful! And, yes, oh, so vintage-y!

rosie said...

Absolutely beautiful... Old quilts and their look-alikes are the best.. You have done a wonderful job .....

Vintage Cate said...

The colours are so beautiful- such a vintage look to your quilt. Just lovely. Happy stitching.

MyStory of HiStory said...

You've been busy! Very nice! Pretty colors/patterns .. and lots of time & thought invested in them :)