Monday, July 4, 2011

Sewing


I did some sewing this weekend, but not on the quilt.






This lovely but simple vintage full slip was an experiment with "altered" clothing.*  It was a lot of fun to use lace from my huge collection (i.e.: stash.)  There's even a section of the hand-tatted edging that I love.

I've taken a leap and posted it in my etsy shop.  I hope someone wandering by will love it!


Note to self:  Learn how to take better photos!



* This felt so different from my re-fashions of the past.  This time I was creating for an unknown someone else!

2 comments:

farmlady said...

What a lovely idea. This would be a wonderful present for a new bride.
I think you should have charged more for it but I don't know about Etsy pricing. I just know that the price should reflect the labor involved and this looks like it took some extra time to complete.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hi farmlady,
Thank you. The time just slipped from my mind! I had my favorite radio station on.... :)