Friday, July 8, 2011

Good morning and good night :)

My first steps outside in the morning are greeted by my lovely lilies.  No matter what the day may bring, I start with a smile when these are seeing me off to work.




The pretty yellow daylily was separated from a clump at my son's house, which we had planted about 20 years ago. The Easter lilies were salvaged from the trash bin last year. They took hold when I planted them and established a good root system. This year they are putting on a glorious show for me.




I ended my day with some light sewing. I'm not rushing this but I did make good progress with assembly line stitching of the quilt blocks. It's a good way to relax after work.

I've been covering for a coworker who is on short-term medical leave so it's been kind of quiet at home. I'm somewhat spent by the time I pull in the driveway.

But the lilies are waiting to welcome me back :)


*****************
Don't forget to enter a comment on my previous post for a chance to win a great book for summer reading!  The drawing is Sunday morning at 7:00am   :)


2 comments:

Mary said...

What pretty Easter lilies, and the one yellow one looks so proud! See you later on,
Mary

Impera_Magna said...

Such beautiful lilies would bring a smile to anyone's face, even at the end of a long day.... and a little sewing is a great way to relax...