Friday, July 1, 2011

The family tree

I love to see what Rob is up to.  He's always got such creative ideas!  Well, this morning's post was a tribute to the family tree, so to speak, by showing that homesteading has been in his family for generations.

An old photo from my family's album came to mind and I was able to find it pretty quickly (thank goodness I took the time to label them!)

Gardening and homesteading has been in my family for generations, too.  This first photo is my grandfather, who had extensive gardens.  The onions and green beans were doing pretty well!






And this is Mom and me.  It looks like we had green beans with supper that night!





Ok, Rob, maybe it is hereditary!  And this is why I've been missing my own little garden  ;)

Have you "traced" your family strengths?


Have a great Friday, and a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

MyStory of HiStory said...

Ohhh - that pic of you & your mom is too sweet. Whatta treasure. Look at her out in the garden pickin' beans .... in a dress & nice shoes! ;)

Impera_Magna said...

You are so right about gardening being hereditary... my son (who refused to help with any garden of mine) now has raised beds in his back yard and is putting produce on his table.... he's a 4th generation gardener at least.

Maria said...

Yes, it is hereditary - my dad had the greatest garden from 1/4 acre...my great uncles and aunts and great grandparents fed a huge family on about 1/3 of an acre.......it can be done! And now I'm trying! (and so are my brothers and sisters)

Robj98168 said...

Nice! as for my pic, I was very surprised to see a pic of my grandma in her Sunday best with a chicken! And apparently free range!