Saturday, July 9, 2011

equation


0 red + 2 blue = Mmmmmmm!


I missed the strawberry season, what with work and storms and committments, but I am determined to have delicious berries in my freezer this winter for my oatmeal, yogurt, and smoothies.  So after spending the day with Mom, I scooted up to the bestest PYO in my area and almost filled a tray with blues.  The picking was so good, they were almost jumping into the basket.  (Not to even mention the ones that made their way to my mouth.....I must have eaten my whole day's worth of fruit while I was there!)

There were quite a few families with little tots there today.  They manage to fill a little pint basket or two before the children lose interest, but kudos to them for introducing their tots to farm fresh goodness.

Well, I hope to make it back there after work this week for one more good load, and some to share with Mom and friends.  It's like having blue gold stored away.

I'll be sewing again this evening, and hope to post a photo on flickr to show the quilt top assembled sometime tomorrow.  My mind is racing with a few other projects I'd like to start and I may be going to JoAnn fabrics sometime next week......

Speaking of tomorrow.....don't forget about my summer reading giveaway.  Just enter a comment on my earlier post for a chance to win.  The drawing will be tomorrow morning at 7:00am.

Happy weekend, all!

1 comment:

farmlady said...

Yea, it's tough when you have to go to JoAnn's for fabric... but someone has to do it if they're going to start "projects". You go girl....And,
here's to fresh frozen fruit all winter. Wonderful!