Saturday, June 25, 2011

Scrap Happy

Last night I cut out the template for the Kaledoscope QAL and started cutting the pieces from my apron stash.  I'm glad the pieces are fairly large.  This is what I accomplished in one evening, and I'm not even halfway done.


Trying to get the most from odd shaped pieces of fabric has slowed down my progress, but I'm loving that these aprons will get a second life.  They were ones that had stains or rips and could only be salvaged as cutters.  I have a few more to cut tonight and then I'll start on the background pieces.  Those are from store-bought fabric so it will go much faster.

Getting excited...  :)

Have a great Saturday!

3 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Oh how lovely! And you've made a great start on cutting your triangles.

I hope to get started cutting sometime today.

rosie said...

I love that you are using old aprons and giving them new life.. I have cut up old shirts and dresses and used them in my scrap quilts.. Brings back lots of memories when I see them.xx

Maria said...

Nice!