Sunday, June 12, 2011

I'm in

I've signed up for the next Friday Night Sew-In.  After missing the May event, I've been doing a little "quiet time" stitching on my floral medallion quilt top.  The nine sections have been sew together and the bias trim "ribbon" is being appliqued.  Saturday morning I will have the big "reveal" photo of the commpleted quilt top!






A few months ago I found this vintage bias trim, and was immediately taken to it.  The informality of it begs to be applied to a young girl's playsuit or schooldress.






It was the inspiration for the bias trim "ribbon" on my quilt top.  Since all the applique is from vintage aprons and housedresses, I used a checkered housedress to cut bias strips.


Be sure to stop by Crafty Vegas Mom's blog to sign up for this month's Sew-In.

4 comments:

Impera_Magna said...

Yea! for joining FNSI!

Love the vintage bias tape... I haven't seen anything like that in years and years!

I love the gingham trim on your quilt top... it's going to be spectacular!

Mary said...

I am looking forward to seeing the "big reveal", especially with your beautiful bias tape.

MyStory of HiStory said...

Very resourceful....making your own bias ribbon. I sure like what I see from this sneak peak and I too am looking forward to the big reveal :)

Maria said...

I can't wait to see the quilt!