Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fortifying

Good nutrition is necessary to enjoy all the fun that summer has to offer.  Eating right can keep you on the ball when that ball is heading at you over the volleyball net ;)

I love to get energy (protein) from non-animal sources because those recipes can be so inventive.  So when I saw Feasting Freds Red Lentil Daal with Peas I knew that I would have to try it.  A lentil recipe with turmeric, cumin, and chili paste.....and I have the red lentils in the cupboard.






It cooked up in less than a half hour.  I didn't have the coconut milk so I probably missed out on another layer of flavor, but there were plenty of layers.  And I don't usually keep rice on hand so I had it without.  There are a few more servings in the pot so I'll pick up some tomorrow.....after the volleyball games and the horseshoes at the picnic.  I'm ready!

No comments: