Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Connecting

I took a few well-earned vacation days last week and drove north (naturally ;) to visit my grandchildren.  After a semi-rainy drive I had two beautiful days of excellent weather, not too hot and not too cool.  And two evenings of Little League baseball games.  My grandson (grandchild #3) got a hit in each game.  This grandma was up and cheering   :)

I also had the privilege of joining my granddaughter for the end of school barbeque lunch.  There's nothing like a hundred or so young folks sitting on the grassy hill with hot dogs and watermelon on a sunny lunchtime to make you feel good about the world.  Happy faces, laughter, and silly little jokes should be a mainstay in our daily lives.

Each of my grandchildren has their own skills and character traits.  It is amazing that three brothers and a sister can be so different in some aspects.  But so much alike in others.  Watching them grow is fascinating.  I get to see the little things that I overlooked as I was busy raising my own boys.

Anyway, as I was on my way, I stopped at an old friend's store where I had not been in almost 15 years.  I did not expect to see the owner there, as she travels between there and another state on the West Coast.  But she was there and recognized me instantly.  She excused herself from a customer and came over to catch up.  She asked if I was still interested in doing work on consignment.  I have always enjoyed working for this sweet woman and would love to do so again for as long as my eyes will see the stitches :)




In all my moves, my life's ups and downs, my situations, I have carried around this package.  It is her own design, made for me.  It's time for me to finish it.  I think you'll be seeing a lot of it in this next year.  And hopefully, it will be entered in a juried show next summer.





I'll treasure it always.

3 comments:

Maria said...

We need to see more of that package!

Mary said...

What a sweet story to read with my morning coffee. I am looking forward to seeing more of this needlework.

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Hello friends,
It now has a spot by the chair in the photo, so I can work on it often :)
Thanks for stopping by!