Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Peeps-to-be

I'm really getting excited about driving to work each morning.  I am one of the first to arrive, and usually take the end space in the front row of the parking area, right next to a pretty little tree.  ("Little" meaning: about 16 feet tall, or thereabouts.)






Anyway, the tree is filled with blossoms now







and something else.







When I got out of my car today a very protective Papa bird flew past me to a nest in this tree, where Mama was keeping some little eggs warm.  I stayed far enough away so they wouldn't get upset.

I'll be keeping an eye on that nest for sights of little beaks soon  :)

Nature is wonderful, isn't it?

4 comments:

farmlady said...

How sweet! This makes going to work a pleasure. It's your own little "peep" haven.
Nature IS wonderful!

Impera_Magna said...

Love spring and baby birds and nest watching... there's a nest in a camellia bush just outside the window here... lobe bird chirping in the morning...

MyStory of HiStory said...

Beautiful! The lilacs and cherry trees are blossoming here now and are so pretty.

MyStory of HiStory said...

Well - there's some motivation to get out the door on time in the morning.... or better yet, a bit early. Sweet. Enjoy & do keep us posted as to when those baby birds make their debut! :)