Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Even-ing out equations


I've been in my element, lately.  My two wheels and I left a few miles behind us over the past few days, returning to a local bike path that goes through a wooded area.  I saw Jack again, sitting in his pulpit




 
and the gals with their pretty red frocks




 
I had forgotten how this path is a slight upward incline for a few miles.  Leg muscles get a good workout in the beginning.  After the initial burn, it's a steady ride.  It's perfect for unwinding after work, or for a short ride on a busy weekend evening.

I also made it to the gym a few mornings last week, which may sound devout and committed, but I have to admit that I ruined all that work with a really good New York-style bagel and cream cheese.  (Not the soft, doughy type!  A crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside bagel with a shmear of fresh cream cheese :)

And then there were the cookies from Momofuku Milk Bar.....

I will be back at the gym tomorrow morning....and yes, it was worth it   ;)

Have a great Tuesday!  I'll catch up with you later.

1 comment:

Maria said...

It is Mothers Day Week - you deserved a few treats!!!!